Did you know 84% of people trust online recommendations as much as personal ones?
- October 14, 2020
- Posted by: IDMG
- Categories: Dedicated Team Retainer, Strategy & Consulting
Everyone knows that your reputation is everything. A good reputation will easily help a business to gain trust. However, a bad reputation will also easily lose a customer’s trust. A good judge of where your business stands these days is to do a google search and see what you find.
A good reputation means that the business is more credible than its competitors.
A bad reputation, however, is something that deserves immediate attention, or else over time the reputation you have online will take over, and soon your business will suffer. We are living in a digital age, and more and more people are utilizing the internet as a reference for reputation.
In fact, a recent study shows that 97% of business owners say that online reputation management is important. The fact that a brand’s reputation isn’t able to be controlled is what makes it so valuable and trustworthy.
It is vitally important to maintain a positive reputation and online footprint while digitally engaging with your current customers and potential customers.
The reality is that buyers in all industries are using online search engines to make their purchasing decisions, so it is important to make sure that you are found positively online.
Here are some things businesses can do to take control of their online business reputation:
A deep audit of your business and online reputation
- What do customers see when they google your business and or company?
- Are they presented with a clean list of positive reviews, news, articles?
- If you answered no, you are losing customers and missing your next one.
Utilize online review platforms
- 84% of people trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation.
- Proactively ask customers for reviews to showcase their experience with the company.
Social Media – A huge opportunity
- Your social media presence highlights your company culture and what it has to offer.
- It also keeps you top of mind with those who chose to follow and engage.
- Positive reviews and engagement within your social media channels are a must.
Put your best foot and face forward
- Your online presence is how you are viewed by consumers, employees, and investors
- Use reputation management to help you put and keep your business on the right track
Build Trust & Credibility
- People research companies more than ever before, so if they see that a company has a lot of unanswered complaints and negative reviews they will lose confidence in your company.
- Now on the flip side being able to recover from a negative review shows your dedication and commitment to your company and customers and builds trust and confidence.
Analyze the wants and needs of your customers
- Be sure to look over all of your reviews and analyze them from time to time. This will give you insight into what is working well and what isn’t. You can then refine your business by the responses and or complaints you are receiving from customers.
In a nutshell, those who are neglecting their online presence and not attending to their negative reviews are going to have to face the music sooner or later. The internet doesn’t stop and people will not continue to conduct business with businesses that have poor reputations online.
It simply doesn’t make sense to do so, especially when there are plenty of other businesses that offer similar services with better reputations to choose from. At the end of the day, our reputation is everything and that isn’t going to change anytime soon.
For those who are interested in cleaning up their online reputation, but not sure where or how to start feel free to book a free consultation with our specialists to discuss reputation management.